- I retired from the food industry (salesman)in 1996.Bought a motor home, stored all the goods that we thought we might need when we found a place to light. Left California, where we were both natives, and took off to see America.After five years we had found the Ozarks of Arkansas and fell in love with the beauty and ruralness. We sold the motor home and bought a home here. Hauled all of our belongings from Calif. found lots of new friends and a good church.Our town and surrounding area has a population of about 11,000. The closest big town is about 12 miles South of us.I belong and sit on the board of the Dover Chamber of Commerce. Life is good here.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
The teams in the old Pacific Coast League were, San Diego Padres, Los Angeles Angels, Hollywood Stars, San Francisco Seals, Oakland Oaks, Sacramento Solons (Which became the Vancouver Mounties), Portland Beavers, and the Seattle Rainers. They would play seven game series with each opponent starting with single games on Tuesday thru Saturday with a double header on Sunday. The first game was a full nine innings and the second game was seven innings. they would usually play a week at home and then a week on the road.
- Down To The Sea In Ships
- Players and managers
- Play Ball
- Old Time Baseball
- I guess you can see by now what some of my intere...
- This is my sweetie. We met when she was 14 and I ...
- This is a dwarf Apple tree I planted in my front ...
- These are the Chinese Lilly's that are in my fron...
- This is an Easter Lilly that just bloomed. It see...
- Chinese Lilly
- ▼ June (11)